Nedim Kufi was born 1962 in Baghdad, Iraq. Kufi's works predominantly explore ideas of 'home' and exile.
Kufi holds a Bachelor of Arts in Etching from the Institute of Fine Arts of Baghdad (1985). He also holds a Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design from HKU, Utrecht,The Netherlands (2002), as well as a Master of Arts in Design from artEZ, Enschede, The Netherlands.
He has held several solo exhibitions in the United States and the Middle East including:
- Earth & Ink, Gallery 108, Boston, US, 2003;
- Attar from Bagdad, 4 Walls Gallery, Amman, Jordan, 2005;
- The Moon Follows Us, Sultan Gallery, Kuwait, 2009.
He has also participated in numerous international group exhibitions and biennales including:
- Cairo Biennale, 2001;
- Extending Vision, Triangle Art Residence, New York, 2004;
- Iraqi Artists in Exile, Station Museum, Houston, Texas, 2008,
- Art in Iraq Today (with Modhir Ahmed and Hanaa Malallah), Meem Gallery, Dubai, 2010.
- In 2009, he was nominated for COSMOPOLITE, The Best Thirty Ideas Above Water, Prize for Hollands Bridge, Amsterdam.
Kufi recently launched a virtual online project with Talal Refit entitled the Wisdom Machine.
Kufi lives and works in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.